Link back to the Careers Page:
Timing Hiring now, start ASAP
Location We're a fully-remote team, but we have a strong preference for people located in US time zones.
Who we are
Learn all about us. We think we're fun, quirky, and, most important, tackling a big problem (oh, and we're growing fast). Fun fact: we were one of the select companies rated by Forbes as a Cloud 100 Rising Star.
What you'll work on
Product Engineers at AbstractOps build out user facing features across the full stack with a focus on frontend technologies.
Our users love the product we’ve built so far, and we have a solid technical foundation but we need to level up and mature our codebase. We want a frontend architecture that is performant and stable but most importantly lets us build out new functionality quickly. Dev tooling and our data architecture are especially important to us.
What we're looking for
Ideally you are someone who:
- has several years of experience as a software engineer. Beyond that, can be any seniority — we'll band and compensate accordingly.
- is extremely product-minded, and is adept at translating user problems into delightful features
- has previously built out user facing features across the full stack with a focus on frontend technologies
- thrives in an autonomous culture where we expect you to lead features from definition to delivery
- are experienced both in making and clearly communicating the trade-offs between speed and quality inherent in a startup environment.
- sweats the details, every little, tiny one, and delights in delivering polished features
- enjoys feeling deep ownership and pride over everything you build
Bonus points for experience with product design, visual design, or a strong aesthetic sense.
Research shows that underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. AbstractOps is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. This is the exact reason we don’t say “requirements” anywhere. If our mission, our culture, our values, our approach to hiring or anything else you just read made you nod your head vigorously, please still get in touch; we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for this or other roles (now or in the future!). In addition, if you have feedback for our JD, or process, please also reach out to let us know. We are relentlessly focused on experimentation and growth as values after all :).
If you are wondering how to think about the banding levels below, please check out Levels.FYI — the way we think about our levels is quite similar to the market, and Google / Facebook / etc. use similar terminology to describe their levels of seniority.
* When we make our offer, we’d be happy to share more on how this is calculated.
** We recognize that people have personal situations with different cash needs; we're happy to discuss trading off cash and equity, as long as overall compensation is still in line with our bands.
*** Percentage ownership is based on current share count (fully-diluted shares outstanding); it does not account for expected dilution from already-issued SAFEs.
We try to be fair and transparent with compensation, in order to avoid back and forth and negotiation. After all — if we materially changed our compensation based on negotiation, it means we gave you a low-ball offer to begin with!
- Phone Screen: 30 min with Sarah/Hari
- Product & Design Chat: 30 min with Pooja and/or Angela
- Live Problem Solving & Coding Test: 90 min with Anthony
- Frontend Technical Interview with Culture & Values chat: 90 min with Loubna
- Offer & "Social Contract" (we love these! It's part of our culture): 60 min with Hari/Manager
- 2 Reference Checks: A couple of days max with Sarah/Hari/Manager