Location We're a fully-remote team, but this individual needs to be located in a US time zone.
We’re looking for a Jack or Jill of all trades to join our growing EPD (Engineering Product Design) org. Ideally you’re someone who has worn one or more of the PM / Designer / Product Analyst hats in the past, and is excited to shape the future of what we believe is the next big thing in B2B SaaS: an Operating System for Scaling Companies.
Are you a PM who loves to spend time in Figma? Or a Designer who can pinch hit as a PM? A PM who geeks out on the nitty gritties of your product’s usage? That sounds perfect, talk to us!
Some Traits we're looking for
We’re looking for a total of 3-5 years of experience across the categories below. Big bonus points if you have experience in 1+ categories.
- Experience as an Associate PM or as a PM on a software product, ideally B2B SaaS
- Demonstrated ability to reduce complexity to simplicity; our product spans multiple functions with very different "languages" — like HR, finance, legal — and simplifies them into an interface that a busy exec would love working with
- Experience working across eng / product / design org to work on everything ranging from big new initiatives to small “quick win” feature releases to prioritizing and fixing bugs
- Experience in taking raw, unstructured ideas to shipped product
- An eye for polish, and maniacal attention to detail
- Desire to think deeply about the "what, why, and how" and how to be scrappy; we have so much to build, so we need to be clever about turning limited resources into outcomes.
- Experience with designing B2B SaaS UI / UX
- Bonus: Experience with dashboards or data platforms
- A solid understanding of basic UX and information architecture principles
- Expertise <> Proficiency <> Competence with Figma, CSS, Balsamic, etc.
- Some experience with interaction design, particularly in applying first principles to a new product category
- Experience with tools like Heap, Mixpanel, Amplitude, or Pendo
- Solid SQL and data analysis skills (and being highly hypothesis → validation driven) are a big plus
- Bonus: Experience building product analytics dashboards in any of the tools above, or in BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Qlik
- Creating insight around whether what we shipped is working, and how to embody kaizen (a spirit of continuous improvement) in the product
- Do "O"s actually translate into the expected "KR"s?
- How do we measure impact?
- How do we tweak what we've built, instead of building a new feature?
Bonus: Street cred as a "renaissance person"
- Do you have a background beyond just product or design (e.g., a legal or finance background)?
- Have you started a company or angel invested?
- Do you like writing?
- Do you go mountaineering or make your own wine (or [insert other very cool hobby])?
- Do you dabble in code?
Research shows that underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. AbstractOps is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. This is the exact reason we don’t say “requirements” anywhere. If our mission, our culture, our values, our approach to hiring or anything else you just read made you nod your head vigorously, please still get in touch; we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for this or other roles (now or in the future!). In addition, if you have feedback for our JD, or process, please also reach out to let us know. We are relentlessly focused on experimentation and growth as values after all :).
If you are wondering how to think about the banding levels below, please check out Levels.FYI — the way we think about our levels is quite similar to the market, and Google / Facebook / etc. use similar terminology to describe their levels of seniority.
* When we make our offer, we’d be happy to share more on how this is calculated.
** We recognize that people have personal situations with different cash needs; we're happy to discuss trading off cash and equity, as long as overall compensation is still in line with our bands.
*** Percentage ownership is based on current share count (fully-diluted shares outstanding); it does not account for expected dilution from already-issued SAFEs.
We try to be fair and transparent with compensation, in order to avoid back and forth and negotiation. After all — if we materially changed our compensation based on negotiation, it means we gave you a low-ball offer to begin with!
- Phone Screen: 30 min with Sarah/Hari
- Product & Analytics Chat: 30 min with Pooja
- Design & Analytics Chat: 30 min with Angela
- Offer & "Social Contract" (we love these! It's part of our culture): 60 min with Hari
- 2 Reference Checks: A couple of days max with Pooja