As of August 2021
L2: $95,000 + 0.08-0.12% (10,000 shares)
- Serve as a fractional operator to 6-8 startup CEOs/execs
- Play an essential part in "product operations" (taking our product's no-code internal infrastructure and turn it into processes to execute on client needs)
- Research and problem-solving for client edge cases; document those edge cases none of your other teammates have to do the research in the future
- Continuously make our internal and client-facing processes more efficient by standardizing and reinventing things just enough
- You may manage other teammates
- Actively work on (and potentially begin to own) internal AbstractOps work streams that might not rise to the level of being critical (yet) but are important to continuous improvement of the company.
L3: $115,000 + 0.10-0.15% (12,500 shares)
- We typically promote internally for this role; we will rarely hire externally for the role if you have extreme subject matter expertise in a critical area
- This level may split responsibilities as described below (but this split is not exhaustive):
- You'd spend ~50% of your time as an OP; you might only have 3-4 clients, but these clients might be more complex or challenging. We include this in the role since we think that it's important to stay close to the ground on client operations, as you take on more responsibilities.
- In addition, you'd be the DRI (directly responsible individual) on some critical, forward-looking projects. We loosely consider this "Product Operations": you might be responsible for process building, or act as a topic matter expert on one or more specific areas (e.g., HR compliance or document automation), or own the SOPs for scaling customer onboarding.
- You may manage other teammates but not all L3s are managers and not all managers are L3s.
Important: if you are in a different "zone" (cost of living) your base salary will be adjusted accordingly (equity remains the same no matter where you live on the planet).
- Zone 1 is our base salary zone. It includes San Francisco Bay Area and New York City.
- For Zone 2, please apply a 10% reduction to the above base salaries: Boston, Seattle, Washington DC, Los Angeles in the US; London, Sydney, Dublin, Hong Kong, Copenhagen, Singapore abroad
- For Zone 3, please apply a 15% reduction to the above base salaries: Chicago, San Diego, Miami, Portland in the US; Paris, Amsterdam, Tokyo, New Zealand, Toronto, Vancouver abroad
- For Zone 4 and beyond, there will be a 20-40% reduction (we'll happily discuss this with you, but it's based on objective adjustments we can point to online, which we hope you agree is fair).
We try to be fair and transparent with compensation, in order to avoid back and forth and negotiation. After all — if we materially changed our compensation based on negotiation, it means we gave you a low-ball offer to begin with! That said, we recognize that people have personal situations with different cash needs; we're happy to discuss trading off cash and equity, as long as overall compensation is still in line with our bands.