As of August 2021
L0: $65,000 + 0.03-0.06% (4,000 shares)
- Customer Support: answer routine questions, triage inbound requests
- Handling various back-office responsibilities like document classification, task tracking, etc.
- Support for client ops: day-to-day blocking & tackling for client needs (see for a breakdown)Operations Partner
- Research and problem-solving for client edge cases
L1: $75,000 + 0.05-0.10% (8,000 shares)
- In addition to L0 responsibilities (above), L1s should be proactive and self-directed in handling requirements; they may need guidance or help on specific topics, but they're able to pick up requests and get things taken care of without direction or prompting
- They're also able to handle sensitive client requests at scale: state registrations, document management, etc.
- Act as backup to OPs (as flex capacity, or backup for when they are OOO)
- L1 team members may also be the primary point of contact for a few clients with simpler operations
Important: if you are in a different "zone" (cost of living) your base salary will be adjusted accordingly (equity remains the same no matter where you live on the planet).
- Zone 1 is our base salary zone. It includes San Francisco Bay Area and New York City.
- For Zone 2, please apply a 10% reduction to the above base salaries: Boston, Seattle, Washington DC, Los Angeles in the US; London, Sydney, Dublin, Hong Kong, Copenhagen, Singapore abroad
- For Zone 3, please apply a 15% reduction to the above base salaries: Chicago, San Diego, Miami, Portland in the US; Paris, Amsterdam, Tokyo, New Zealand, Toronto, Vancouver abroad
- For Zone 4 and beyond, there will be a 20-40% reduction (we'll happily discuss this with you, but it's based on objective adjustments we can point to online, which we hope you agree is fair).
We try to be fair and transparent with compensation, in order to avoid back and forth and negotiation. After all — if we materially changed our compensation based on negotiation, it means we gave you a low-ball offer to begin with! That said, we recognize that people have personal situations with different cash needs; we're happy to discuss trading off cash and equity, as long as overall compensation is still in line with our bands.